A little Bit About Me

My photo




Someplace in Thyme

I have been creating since I was a little girl. I am happy to say that having my own website has opened up a whole new world for me. Trying new mediums is a joy and sometimes a real eye opener. I sell what I create on etsy and my website, someplaceinthyme. If you have questions,please email me at cpeterson72@q.com. I welcome new blog friends and am honored if you find my little piece of heaven interesting enough to follow.

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

what's a blog anyway??!!

This is my first post and I just have to ask the question, what the heck is a blog and what am I suppose to do with one? It seems everyone I know has a blog and just loves it. They tell me, write your thoughts and opinions, tell others what you think about things. Again I have to ask, who cares what I think or what my opinions are on anything? This is suppose to be fun and so here I am. As of yet, the fun has not begun......to be continued.
Just about everything I know about the computor, I have had to learn on my own. Oh, don't get me wrong, I love to give credit where credit is due and some of that has to go to my husband and son, with a little spread to my daughter as well. You would think with all these people on my side, I would have a lot more knowledge as to what I was doing here. I make many mistakes, some I can fix and others that I have just given up on. In all fairness, it's not that bad. I like finding my way around and it brings me great joy when I finally solve a computor problem and feel like I have acomplished something big. In reality, I am waiting for my 2 year old grand daughter to grow old enough to talk in sentences so she can show me how to work this machine. I am sure she will have no trouble teaching me.
I sell cottage, shabby, vintage and romantic items on ebay under the id of someplace*in*thyme. That is what originally sent me on this quest. I love making something beautiful from something vintage, old or on it's last leg. Hopefully this will be something fun I can do for many years to come. Only the economy will tell.

5 comments:

Shirl said...

You're doing great, sweetpea!!
Connie

Connie said...

Ooooops, I was helping Shirl with her stuff and forgot to log out of her name. Sooooorrrryyy! But you are doing great!
Connie

Char said...

Connie, you have been such a blessing to me, and so very kind. You are always so generous with your time and so giving to others. I thankyou my pep friend.

Devonia said...

Your writing style is delightful - I keep chuckling. That means you have me. I kinda envy your ability to be soooo natural, Char. I'm as stilted as -as- as MY MOTHER!!!! Ohmigod.
Devonia

Char said...

Devonia, I had to laugh at your comment. I guess I never thought of myself that way, and I thank you for that. I have read your blog and I love it. You don't give yourself enough credit girlfriend. Thanks again Devonia,