A little Bit About Me

My photo




Someplace in Thyme

I have been creating since I was a little girl. I am happy to say that having my own website has opened up a whole new world for me. Trying new mediums is a joy and sometimes a real eye opener. I sell what I create on etsy and my website, someplaceinthyme. If you have questions,please email me at cpeterson72@q.com. I welcome new blog friends and am honored if you find my little piece of heaven interesting enough to follow.

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Happy New Year AND Happy Birthday Everyone!!!

I just had to do it: wish everyone a very happy New Year AND birthday; because....you see, you can't escape it. It's the start of a new year and everyone on the planet will get to celebrate a birthday sometime this year!!!! I got lucky, my birthday is the month of Jan. so it comes first. Some will be excited ( if you are 5!!) others will want to bury their heads in the sand and re-emerge sometime later. It all depends on how you choose to look at your birthday. I choose to celebrate every last minute of mine, take all the congrats I can get, eat all the cake I want, and generally be happy and elated for the day. This reminds me of the glass half full or half empty question. I was thinking about this the other day and unfortunately for me, I learned of this question way back when I was in college. I was in a psych class and read about the question of half empty or full as an experiment. I was never actually asked the question. I often wonder what my answer would have been if asked, would I have looked at myself "without enough" as in half empty, or would I have answered "half full"? What does it mean if you look at the glass as just a glass of something?? Not full OR empty??!! That probably would have been me, a fence sitter.........pondering both sides of the question. I tend to do that, much to the dismay of people around me.
This brings me back to birthdays, celebrate yours!! You can't stop it, it's coming, so enjoy it. What's the alternative? and who wants THAT!? Step up to the plate (literally) and eat cake, enjoy your day to the fullest, you are the boss, it's yours to enjoy, and just think, when it's over, you have a whole year before (if you are lucky) it's back again!!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!

6 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

I so get what you are saying. My birthday is in February and I am definately getting older & wiser. After all, what is the alternative??!!:D
Happy New Year. Come visit!
Janie

ArocaFamily said...

I am typically a glass half empty kind of gal (thanks dad) but am trying to be full these days. It's all in the perspective.

Carol/CMK Sculputures said...

Happy New Year!
I totally agreed with you , enjoy your birthday to the fullest, that is what I have been doing the past couple of years. I loved it.. had my cake and I ate it too. giggles.
Happy Birthday!
Carol

. said...

Happy new year to you! Thanks for the visit to my blog. Blessings, Denise

suzanne said...

I hope you are doing well. i have an award for you on my blog so stop by and get it anytime..
suzanne

Amy said...

well, you did it - you found some pink. however, after reading your post, i think you have a very valid reason to go shopping for some pinks - the next ps is almost here!

amy@maisonbelle