A little Bit About Me

My photo




Someplace in Thyme

I have been creating since I was a little girl. I am happy to say that having my own website has opened up a whole new world for me. Trying new mediums is a joy and sometimes a real eye opener. I sell what I create on etsy and my website, someplaceinthyme. If you have questions,please email me at cpeterson72@q.com. I welcome new blog friends and am honored if you find my little piece of heaven interesting enough to follow.

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Pictures Of A Clean Kitchen-Finally!!

I have a set of my grand-mothers bowls on the island. The only two left, one blue and one orange. They mean the world to me. I have cleaned and polished until I have no skin left on my fingers, but it was worth it. The kitchen is clean and ready for another year. On to the dining-room. I will post pictures of that too.
Some pieces of Polish Pottery and other collectables sit on an oak cutting board that my daughter made for me while she was in school. That is the best gift of all, something from the heart.
I am crazing for cookbooks and this is just a sample of a few that I keep in the kitchen. I love Southern Living cookbooks as well as William Sonoma, my favorites.

This is a view from the stairs into the kitchen eating area. The old crock that sits on the floor, holds my potatoes and onions. It was a great find at an auction.

This is the kitchen eating area. The bowl on the table was a find from ebay, an antique wooden trough. It is full of grapefruits from our tree in the backyard.

Another collection I have is hearts. When I saw these chairs, years ago, I knew I had to have them. Each chair has a heart cutout on the back. I can't give them up.

We bought this hand woven rug while we were living in Greece. It sits under the kitchen table. I love the colors and never tire of them.

When a sandwich shop in VA was going out of business, they were selling two solid butcher blocks for $50.00 each. I had to have them both. Now one sits under one of my kitchen windows.

An antique egg crate from a flea market in San Antonio sets under the butcher block.


I wanted a french country pattern for the windows and fell in love with this fabric, love the roosters.

This is an antique breadboard and knives that I picked up at a flea market in England years ago. It sits on the cabinet below.

You can never have enough cabinets in the kitchen, can you?

Just a bit of my polish pottery collection, but I will leave that for another blog post.

This is the look around the pantry door.
Not only am I a weaver of baskets, but I am also a collector of them as well. These are some of my minis.

When you live in the Southwest, fresh chili peppers are a must for the kitchen.

Wreath and peppers along with a bit of my mini basket collection
















10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your kitchen is "magazine beautiful"!! Really... It is Lovely!!
Have a great evening..
Hugs,
Marilyn

Kris said...

I love your kitchen. I like that you have several different collections, but they all blend in so well anc compliment one another. The rooster fabric is FABULOUS!!

Have a happy day

Kris

Rebecca Nelson said...

Beautiful home my friend! Ohmygosh...if the TRUTH BE KNOWN, this is EXACTLY what my hubbs would have in our home!!!!

Thank you so much for sharing...I LOVE your Blog!

xoReb

Mimi's Rose Chenille Boutique said...

Love your kitchen, you have been a very busy lady! Makes me want to start reorganizing and spring cleaning!

All of the collections look wonderful together!

Have a great week!

Mimi

♥Mimi♥ said...

Grapefruit in your backyard? I have snow in mine! :(

xinex said...

I love your Olish pottery collection! You kitchen is so nice and clean!...Christine

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

I adore your kitchen!! I have such a thing for roosters & your lamp & curtain valance are really doing it for me!!

Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

Martha said...

What a pretty kitchen and it feels so good when it is clean!

Betty Jo said...

Your kitchen is beautiful and warm and I would love to just sit with you there over a cup of tea. I adore your counter tops. You have wonderful collections too. ♥

JudyBug said...

Everything is just gorgeous! You have such lovely things and I love the way they are displayed.

JudyBug