A little Bit About Me

My photo




Someplace in Thyme

I have been creating since I was a little girl. I am happy to say that having my own website has opened up a whole new world for me. Trying new mediums is a joy and sometimes a real eye opener. I sell what I create on etsy and my website, someplaceinthyme. If you have questions,please email me at cpeterson72@q.com. I welcome new blog friends and am honored if you find my little piece of heaven interesting enough to follow.

Friday, February 17, 2012

~~~HAPPY PINK SATURDAY TO ALL~~~

HAPPY PINK SATURDAY



I am so excited to be able to participate in Pink Saturday this week. I have been so very busy and have missed my bloggie pink friends.

I am a soap a holic, yes, I confess, soap has been my obsession for many years now. I took a class years ago on making soap, but was a complete and utter failure.
I combined lemon grass and lavender into the soap thinking these scents would go so well together.
They did not. After letting the mixture set up for weeks, the final product smelled so bad, that I had to throw it all out.
Making soap has been in my blood ever since and I am planning on giving it another try.
Until then, I came up with an idea of soap pockets, and the above photo is an example of my first one.

This is just the sweetest idea for gift giving. This pretty pocket holds a beautiful bar of soap. What could be a nicer gift?  Gesh, I love this idea.


A little bit of vintage linen and some vintage buttons are icing on the cake to me. I plan on creating many more of these, soap included.

This pocket houses a bar of Italian soap, yes, made in Italy and has a scent of lemon.....Oh, I love that.


Fully lined too. I think I know what I will be giving my mom for Mother's Day this year. Why not pamper the ones you love?



Thank you Beverly for yet again all your hard work each week. If you would like to visit all the pinkies and see what they have been up to, please go to Beverly's blog, How Sweet The Sound for the links.
Have a great weekend, and be safe.

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Yummy lemon & gorgeous pocket piece to tuck it into, Char. I LOVE IT!!! That fabric is just fabulous.

Have a beautiful weekend ~
Hugs,
TTFN ~
Marydon

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Lovely pink Saturday post.
I so enjoyed my visit by here.
I have been a follower of yours for a while now but I noticed I was not on your list here. Did something happen to your follow list and you had to start over because I show on my list that I am your follower.
No big deal just curious becuase I know how google can be
Have a great weekend
Maggie

Chandy said...

Wow, even your whole blog is ready for Pink Saturday! Lovely fabric envelope!

Laura Quaglia (Fun With This and That) said...

Very nice any one would love to have.
Happy Pink Sat.
Laura

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh WOW, Char, how precious!! Happy Pink Saturday!! (I hurt my arms, wrist, shoulder, and hands from typing over 15 hours a day--that's why I had to put the brakes on the blogging.) Facebook is quicker too!!
XO
Cin

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

I love making soap too. My favorite is shea butter scented Lavender...yum. What a beautiful way to show off soap!

LV said...

Those would make a very nice gift far any occasion.

sweet violets said...

That is soooooo sweet Char!!! Great gift idea...hugs...cleo

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Brilliant idea - and so pretty!!

I too love French or Italian triple milled soaps.........my fav and I buy them (and use them) all the time. Nothing is like it.

I love your idea, and am so glad that you will be trying to make soap again. I never have and have often wished to learn.

Good luck!!

Grace said...

You are so smart! I love your idea. Have a wonderful Pink Saturday! I had recieved some pretty soaps for Christmas and I put them in my closet and it still smells like heaven. Grace xoox

Vicki said...

Oh, Char, I love that idea! Your rose pockets are so pretty and such a great idea for gift giving. Great job on them! Enjoy your weekend, sweet friend! Love, Vicki

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Happy Pink Saturday Char Sweetie...
Oh what a beautiful share. I love your little soap pocket. It is so pretty and romantic. Perfect for Mother's Day. You are SO right.

I love the fabric that you chose, along with the vintage linen and buttons. You are so creative sweet friend.

Have a glorious weekend. Many hugs and much love, Sherry

Anonymous said...

What a pretty idea to make the soap pockets and fill them with home-made soap! I am sure yours will be beautiful, like everything
you make, and who would not be thrilled to receive such a lovely gift!!
I will be looking for you to announce some are ready for us to buy for ourselves or gifts..or both!!
Hope you are having a HAPPY PINK SATURDAY!!!
Hugs, Francy

Donna said...

This is a beautiful idea! My daughter in law is a soap maker! She has a wonderful time doing it! Best of luck - the seller will be your beautiful bags! It helped her and she just popped them in organza or silk bags. Yours are much prettier!

Blessings,
Donna

Jennelise said...

Beautiful! What a sweet idea! The plate in the first photo is my china pattern :) Thankyou for sharing!
Jennelise

Trisha said...

These are adorable! And that pretty soap just really makes them even better. I am glad to hear that you love your homemade laundry detergent. So far I love the results! Have a great week!

~Trisha